Echeveria ‘Afterglow’ is an incredibly pretty, evergreen succulent with large rosettes (12 in. or 30cm). They have fleshy, powdery lavender-pink leaves adorned with delicate bright pink edges.
Echeveria ‘Afterglow’ displays orange-red flowers in summer. They are born on a short stout stem. Emerge either from below the foliage or as a terminal flower stem. Gardeners often remove them to detract from the lovely foliage and abort further growth.
Echeveria ‘Afterglow’ is highly valued for its amazing color and beauty:
- Grows up to 1-2 ft. tall and wide (30-60 cm).
- Grown easily in sandy, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils in sun or partial shade. Best color is obtained in full sun. They thrive in heat and tolerates drought when established. Water occassionally.
- Excellent for rock gardens, succulent gardens or Mediterranean gardens. Perfect for containers where spectacular floral arrangements can be created.
- Deer resistant
- Virtually disease free. Watch for mealybugs, vine weevil and aphids.
- Propagate by stem or leaf cuttings in spring or early summer. Separate offsets in spring.
- Mostly native to Texas, Mexico, Central and South America.